Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cat Hair



Aleister. The source of joy and pain. And cat hair. Piles of it...tumbleweeds of gray kitty hair here, there and everywhere. It may not be such a good thing to live alone with three cats as they do not give a fluff whether or not their hair is all over the place. We are, of course, only here to serve their needs and I willingly signed on for the job. I did not imagine, since I already had two kitties, Blanche and Miss Kitty, and they only produced small quantities of ladylike hair, that Aleister was the culprit, the main offender. But this boy! Ooh-I can brush him every hour and still come up with prodigious amounts of hair. Sometime in mid-March it began to look like my entire house had a gray cast to it-upon closer inspection I realized it was just Aleister's fur everywhere. Rather depressing. Then last week I was in the basement (I feel certain most of you will have signed out of here by now) when I had an Oprah moment. There, next to the washing machine, was the Libman sponge/scrub mop-an answered prayer! I nearly leaped upstairs to try it out. Sure enough, one damp sponge stroke followed by a gentle scrape of the bristle brush and I could find my dhurrie rug again. There it was-yay! For those who aren't clued into this, it is genius! Or alternatively you already know this and I am brain dead. So a couple of hours later it was nearly done, which means that by Christmas the entire house will be clean. By the way, if you want to remove cat hair from upholstered furniture, put on a latex glove, dampen it, sweep in long strokes and soon you, too, will be horrified to see what you have been sitting on. I don't know a thing about dog hair anymore but my guess is it works for that too. It is still boring though...can't help you with that one!

No comments: